Female migrant workers and their children, who wre born in Taiwan, but lack ROC citizenship.
- Prenatal checkups and childbirth costs for migrant workers: Pregnant migrant workers dare not go to hospitals for prenatal checkups and childbirth. They usually give birth at home with assistance from friends. The lack of proper medical treatment and sanitation poses a great threat to the lives and health of both mothers and infants.
- Daily expenses and health care costs for non-Taiwanese children: The government of Taiwan does not provide financial support to such foreign children in Taiwan, also denying their access to National Health Insurance coverage.
Scope of Service
- Provide pregnant migrant workers with prenatal and postnatal medical services, including prenatal checkups and classes covering such issues as prenatal health care, childbirth, and postpartum self-care.
- Help such children obtain vaccinations and regular checkups at nearby hospitals and, when necessary, medical expense subsidies and interpretation services.
- Provide such children and their families with nutritious meals and a safe environment to better ensure proper physical and mental development. In addition, train key caregivers (mothers and/or other family members) how to take proper care of infants and children.
- Accommodate 200 Non-Taiwanese Children and provide them with medical services.
- Provide Non-Taiwanese Children with vital vaccinations.
- Provide 40 female migrant workers with childbirth support.
Expected long-term outcomes
- Through health education programs, reduce unintended pregnancies among migrant workers.
- Openly discuss life of non-Taiwanese children so as to increase awareness among the general public, corporate sponsors, NGOs, and the government.
12 social workers and 40 babysitters.
Estimated at US$110,000 in 2018. Any addition amount will be covered by donations solicited from general public and other social welfare organizations.
|Item||Unit Cost (US$)||Anticipated Number||Remarks|
|Childbirth fee||850||40 (deliveries)||Migrant worker mothers will be charged about NT$25,000 for childbirth by clinics.|
|Outpatient clinic fee/per visit||20||200 (visits)||Migrant worker mothers and their children will be charged about NT$600 per visit for outpatient clinic service.|
|Hospitalization/per day||210||200 (day/ person)||Migrant worker mothers and their children will be charged about NT$6,000/day for hospitalization due to childbirth or illness.|
|Expenses for urgent and severe medical conditions||Claims based on hospital charges
(estimated total of 30,000. 2017 expenses was around 40,000)
|Claims to cover urgent and severe medical conditions will be based on actual hospital charges.|
Support Our Work
Bank: TAIPEI FUBON COMMERCIAL BANK, Dunhe Branch
SWIFT BIC: TPBKTWTP
Account: HARMONY HOME FOUNDATION TAIWAN
Account No.: 742-120-001-074
Contact: +866-2-27389600 / firstname.lastname@example.org