Healthcare Project for Children regardless of the Nationality
Female migrant workers and their children, who were born in Taiwan, but lack ROC citizenship.
- Prenatal checkups and childbirth costs for migrant workers: Pregnant migrant workers dare not go to hospitals for prenatal checkups and childbirth. They usually give birth at home with assistance from friends. The lack of proper medical treatment and sanitation poses a significant threat to the lives and health of both mothers and infants.
- Daily expenses and health care costs for non-Taiwanese children: The government of Taiwan does not provide financial support to such foreign children in Taiwan, also denying their access to National Health Insurance coverage.
Scope of Service
- Provide pregnant migrant workers with prenatal and postnatal medical services, including prenatal checkups and classes covering such issues as prenatal health care, childbirth, and postpartum self-care.
- Help such children obtain vaccinations and regular checkups at nearby hospitals and, when necessary, medical expense subsidies and interpretation services.
- Provide such children and their families with nutritious meals and a safe environment to better ensure proper physical and mental development. In addition, train principal caregivers (mothers and/or other family members) how to take appropriate care of infants and children.
- Accommodate 200 Non-Taiwanese Children and provide them with medical services.
- Provide Non-Taiwanese Children with vital vaccinations.
- Provide 40 female migrant workers with childbirth support.
Expected long-term outcomes
- Through health education programs, reduce unintended pregnancies among migrant workers.
- Openly discuss the life of non-Taiwanese children to increase awareness among the general public, corporate sponsors, NGOs, and the government.
7 social workers and 40 babysitters.
Support Our Work
Bank: TAIPEI FUBON COMMERCIAL BANK, Dunhe Branch
SWIFT BIC: TPBKTWTP
Account: HARMONY HOME FOUNDATION TAIWAN
Account No: 742-120-001-074
Contact: +866-2-27389600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice: If you are resident of the US or Hong-Kong, you can support us via Give2Asia.