Education and Prevention Campaigns of HIV and the Awareness
By March 2018, Taiwan has a population of 37,533 HIV-positive diagnosis, including 17,047 cases in the stage of AIDS. Yet there are more people infected by HIV reluctant to receive test. Most of the new HIV infections fall between 19-35 years old, with labor capacity that can make great contribution to society. Out of the long history of HIV discrimination and indifference within the general public, the failure of HIV prevention education will lead to a future when more young people are endangered by the virus.
1. Faculty, staff and students of educational institutions at all levels:
We provide courses on basic HIV/AIDS facts, prevention approaches and anti-discrimination. We also hold HIV prevention campaigns at schools in rural area, in order to balance the rural-urban gap in Taiwan.
2. Local community parents, educators and college students:
We regularly hold HIV Education Training Workshop. With its delicately designed course of professional knowledge, PLHA life experience sharing and speaking practice, the trainee will acquire the ability to deliver a speech on HIV to diverse audience.
- Hold at least 100 HIV campus campaigns per year, reaching at least 10,000 persons.
- Hold at least 4 HIV Education Training Workshop across Taiwan per year. Train speakers to deliver HIV/AIDS education campaigns to rural and urban schools at all levels, hence work with other organizations in order to reach local communities, enterprises and the public sector.
Expected long-term outcomes
- Terminate HIV/AIDS stigma and discrimination.
- Through education and prevention campaigns of HIV for rural schools, spread true HIV/AIDS facts and prevention methods from schools to local communities.
Ms. Nicole Yang and 10 staffs, including senior lecturer, experienced social workers respectively specializing in HIV/AIDS policy, ethics and drug abuse prevention.
Support Our Work
Bank: TAIPEI FUBON COMMERCIAL BANK, Dunhe Branch
SWIFT BIC: TPBKTWTP
Account: HARMONY HOME FOUNDATION TAIWAN
Account No: 742-120-001-074
Contact: +866-2-27389600 / email@example.com
Notice: If you are resident of the US or Hong-Kong, you can support us via Give2Asia.